Oil & Gas Engineering
As specialists, we understand the market, the technologies, the drivers and challenges facing the industry. We have established global partnerships, to deliver a range of highly valued services with performance that makes us partners of choice for our clients. IESL Ghana can provide the complete engineering of oil and gas field development, from conceptual studies to detailed engineering including procurement, technical assistance and supervision.
We performs feasibility studies to determine optimal design/cost considerations for the development and transportation of oil and gas resources. These studies usually include:
* Determination of technical alternatives
* Overall route and system optimization, including profile and hydraulic study
* Estimation of capital cost and operating costs
* Definition of the main features and functional requirements of the project
* Investment appraisal and economic evaluation
* Recommendation of preferred solution (with economic considerations and benefits)
FEED/ Basic Engineering
IESL produces the basic engineering designs and followed these through to the preparation of tender documents and the evaluation of bids for a large number of pipelines. The scope of IESL’s work typically includes:
* Process design
* Technical dossier (specifications, calculation notes, general drawings) incorporated in the call to tender for turnkey contracts and long lead items supply.
* Evaluation of tenders.
Minor Modification – Applicable for Onshore/Offshore
IESL has experienced engineers with capability to perform minor modification (Re-design & Follow-up reconstruction) of existing facilities in offshore/onshore installations.
IESL has performed this role on many major projects. IESL is currently undertaking two major offshore projects with technical support from Doris Engineering, Paris.
The projects are OFON 2 Topside Design and USAN FPSO Detailed Engineering Design.
The involvement is determined by the type and scope of the project with the services provided frequently including:
IESL provides mechanical engineering services for all phases of oil & gas processing. Our comprehensive capabilities allow us to provide design services for every process system required on an offshore platform.
This diverse experience has led to the effective design of projects ranging from oil & gas processing and gas compression, to pipeline terminals, dehydration systems, and enhanced recovery systems.
An extensive background in vessel sizing and design, production equipment packaging and interconnecting piping design, further strengthens our ability to deliver the highest caliber of service on an unparalleled timeline.
Optimum efficiency, productivity and compliance are fundamental to the design of all process facilities, resulting in successful permitting. In every project, IESL achieves these goals as an integral part of the overall design function.
A thorough knowledge of HAZOP and SEMP requirements ensures that our designs not only comply with government required procedures, but also allows operators of existing platforms to upgrade facilities for compliance. With IESL vast experience, achieving compliance is never an issue.
Electrical Design and Operability Analyses
System design utilizing Electrical Transient Analysis Program (ETAP?) for:
* Load and Power Analysis
* Short Circuit Analysis
* Protective Device Coordination Analysis
* Generator/Utility modeling/sizing
* Transmission line modeling
* Motor Starting modeling
* Cable sizing routing and tray/duct bank/vault Analysis
* Transient System Analysis
* Harmonic Analysis
Fire & Gas Design and Operability Analyses
Conceptual and Operational Fire & Gas System design:
* System design and procurement
* Field installation and operational inspection
* Test & Commissioning
When a project calls for instrumentation, we designs a variety of pneumatic/electronic control & safety systems–such as emergency shut down (ESD), waterflood and steamflood facilities, platform safety, subsea completion, and compression control.
IESL produces all drawings and reports required to ensure that control systems meet government standards and procedures, including responses to MOC (management of change) documents, safe charts for functional analysis and evaluation, and permitting packages (MMS).
Our engineers also perform field surveys to evaluate existing systems, verifying that the system complies with industry safety standards–such as the American Petroleum Institute (APl) RP14C and RP75. Following evaluation, we recommend and implement the required system changes to ensure compliance.
Years of experience and refined work methods help to reduce the cost and time in designing and constructing control & safety systems. Whether we’re designing new systems or evaluating existing ones, safety always comes first.
Fixed Offshore/Onshore Structure Design
* Caissons and Braced Caissons
* Wellhead or Well Protector Platforms
* Production Platforms; Jackets & Decks
Offshore/Onshore Structure Installation Design
* Loadout Analysis
* Transportation Analysis and Tie-Down Design
* Lift Analysis and Lifting Eye Design
* Flotation Analysis
* Jacket Upending Analysis
* Hydraulic Analysis/Optimization (Oil, Gas and Multiphase Flow)
* Right-of-Way Coordination and Permitting
* Line Sizing
* Installation Stress Analysis (Onshore and Offshore)
Pipeline Related Facilities Pump Station Design Launcher’s/Receivers
Oil and Gas Metering & Pile Drive ability Analysis
* Installation Rigging Design
* Installation Appurtenance Design;
* Bear Clamps, Spreader Bars, etc.
- Platform Assessments
* Damage Assessment
* Assessment for Increased Platform Loading, Additions
* Repair Procedure Development
Pile Design for Prefabricated Decks
Compressor Vibration Analysis and Stiffening Design
* Boat landings
* Riser Guards
* Deck Extensions
* Conductor Additions. Heliports
* Drilling Templates
- Process Equipment Skid Design
- Subsea Template Design
- Third Party Verification (CVA)
- Pipeline Design Assistance
* Laydown Sleds (PLEM/PLES Design)
* Anchors and Anchor Clamps, including SCR Anchor Clamps
* Helical Strake Arrestor Clamp
* Net Guards
Land Based Facility Design
* Equipment and Building Foundations
* Tank Foundations, Ringwall Design
* Pipe Supports
* Retaining Walls
* Small Buildings
* Hull Design
* Lay Barge Stinger Design
* Tensioner Machine Support Design
* Reel Design and Reel Skidding Design, FEA Design
* Vessel Appurtenance Design
* Vessel/Barge Strengthening Design
* Production Equipment Support Frame for FPSO’s
Offshore/Onshore Pipeline Services
* Conceptual Design
* Cost Estimating
* Detailed Design of Pipelines
* On-Bottom Stability
* Cathodic Protection
* Pipeline Crossings
* Spanning Analysis
* Deepwater Design
* Detailed Design of Riser Systems
* Conventional Risers
* Steel Catenary Risers
* J-Tube Risers